Monday 31 March 2014

9 - More Twists

 Today I spent a couple of hours outside with the frames. I ground and sanded away the old welding from around the sumpguard. It looked tidy but it revealed another crack. That's two cracks now. I also cut the head off the bolt that was holding the brake pedal on. It will be replaced with a proper pin.



 I'll grind out the area of the cracks and weld them but the more I look, the more bends and twists I see in both frames. Either they both have had extremely hard lives, or these wee frames are more easily damaged than you would imagine.

 It will take a little more looking at, a bit more work and a bit of head scratching before I decide just which one of the frames is going back into the bike.

 I also sat with a mug of tea looking at the swing arm until I had convinced myself to move the bolt and make it right. So that's another job added to the list.



  

No comments:

Post a Comment