Friday 28 March 2014

7 - More stripping

 I've got the old sump guard removed from the new frame, it just needs cleaned up with a disc before re-welding it.


  

 Meantime I tore down the rest of the bike, there wasn't really much of it left.




 I've noticed a problem with the fit of the shock absorbers. With one side attached, the other doesn't fit. I measured the length of the shocks, they're identical, so it's not them. I tried the swing arm into both frames and the same problem occurs. There's a 5mm difference between the distance of the shock attachment points on both sides of the swing arm. 


 So it looks to me like the swing arm has got a twist. I think I might be able to move it with a crowbar but first I want to take it into work and inspect it properly on a surface table, then I'll work out the best way to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment