Monday 24 March 2014

4 - The Frame

 I mentioned the frame had got a thump. It flattened the bottom tube a bit, and pushed it up against the engine. It was still ok and wasn't doing any harm, but it didn't please me. 



I was thinking about having it straightened out but didn't know who to go to. I even thought about ways of doing it myself when up popped a frame on ebay. I watched it all week and jumped in at the last minute with a bid (the only one as it turned out) and got it for £60.





Once I'd managed to get it out of all the packaging (thanks Steve) it looked good. I run my eye over it and could see a couple of things that would need further work - nothing serious. Someone has tried to fit a new sumpguard but the welding's terrible, I'll cut it off and redo it. The side stand pivot reeds repaired as does the brake pedal. So now I've two frames and more options.

No comments:

Post a Comment