Wednesday 16 April 2014

14 - Sore Fingers

 Well I'm back to work after my holidays so I took the crankcase in with me to degrease it thoroughly and press out all the bearings in the gearbox and also the three main bearings. A full new set will go in during assembly. 

 Now I've got a pair of empty crankcases which need polished up, and a wheel rim and hub that needs polished too. I've only done a couple of hours at it and my fingers are hurting already, I'm not really looking forward to a full weekend spent like this. I must see if I can find my old polishing mops and speed things up a bit.

 The spoke carrier is away to the platers' so hopefully it will be back in a fortnight ready to fit.


2 comments:

  1. Plenty of work to keep you busy, don't envy you the sore fingers as polishing is one of the things I like least. It's a nice bike though and well worth the effort.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm trying this stuff - Mother's Mag & aluminium polish
    http://www.mothers.com/02_products/05100-05101.html
    It really does a good job but you go through a lot of cloths. I've cut up an old towel into wee patches, a cheaper option than buying microfibre cloths.

    ReplyDelete