Sunday 12 April 2015

39 - Rebuilding #1

 Now that I have most of the bits ready it's time to start rebuilding the bike. 
 The new stand fits very well. I was going to make a jig for John to help when he welded in the pivot bracket, but he said "don't bother I'll just hold it position myself" It turned out absolutely spot on. It has a nice line parallel to the swing arm and the spring has good clearance with the tyre.






 The springs look nice now that the're chromed and I have a new chain fitted over the old sprockets, but they were ok. The tensioner and torque arm have been zinc plated.




2 comments:

  1. It looks spectacular Ralph. Are you going to ride it or hang it on your wall? I am particularly envious of the polishing. I can't do that...and I want to. I comfort myself with the fact that post-ride clean-ups are a little involved with nastier looking pieces.

    I look forward to more ictures.

    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. LoL, yeah it'll be clean enough to sit in the living room. I probably won't do any trials on it, but I will take it for a run over some easy stuff on a dry day.
    I have the front forks and wheel fitted now, so will try to take a few more photos shortly, but first we're off on a holiday to Tunisia. Back soon.

    ReplyDelete