Wednesday 6 May 2015

40 - Making a Chain Guard

 I thought I'd better make a start at making a chain guard. A friend in work cut me a sheet of 1.5 mm aluminium. The folders we have only make square folds so I took it home to come up with something myself.
 I had a rummage round the shed and gathered a few bits together. 



 Some plywood and 22 mm copper tube was enough to make a simple folder and it worked very well.








 I already made a template from some card so I'll use that to mark it out ready for cutting and filing.

3 comments:

  1. Very nice Ralph...I need a couple of chain guards for myself for my TY and the CR250M. Wht do you suppose people just remove these things and throw them away???

    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I guess they take them off to save a bit of weight, or to avoid them getting bent or catching on anything. They get thrown into the back of the garage and lost over the years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good work on the chainguard, especially considering you had to make the folder. The curved/rounded top is nicer than a square fold. 10/10 again.

    ReplyDelete